Electrical Insulation Putty Tape is a self-amalgamating butyl rubber tape used on solid dielectric low voltage cable for electrical insulation and filling in around irregular shaped connectors. The insulation putty tape comes with a separator that is removed during the taping process. Its 3.175mm thickness and quick amalgamation facilitates a rapid, void free insulation, build-up that is electrically stable and moisture proof. Electrical putty conforms easily using just finger pressure. Once applied WT-RT-FIL should be overwrapped with PVC tape or WT-RT-23 high voltage rubber tape. The tape can replace 3M Scotchfil.
Electrical Insulation Putty
38 mm x3.175mm x1.5 m
Tape Width (metric)
Backing Thickness (metric)
Operating Temperature (Celsius)
0 to 80 Degree Celsius
Sealing and Insulating Mastic
insulation and moisture sealing
· Electrical insulation of splices and other connections on low voltage cable.
· Filling in around split bolt and other irregular shaped connectors.
· Padding bus-bar connections.
· Moisture sealing high voltage splice ground leads.
· Other moisture proofing applications.